This Blog is Awesome!
Pretty much I think that this blog is the best ever! Maybe that's because I havent done anything with it yet. Lol Well, I am gonna make this the coolest lookin' soundin' blog out there. :)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Web Site Evaluations
I found this assignment to be very interesting and helpful. I have never really cared about who the author of a website was, until now. I learned that it truly is so important to know who is writing the information and where it is coming from. Especially as a future educator, I need to be aware of the sites that I am getting information from. The evaluation forms were a big help because they were a perfect guide of what to look for in a good site. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known what to really look for. My favorite form was the Midlink Magazine one. I liked it because I was able to rate each question from 1 to 4, while the other evaluations were simply just marking yes or no. I also liked it because it was simple and to the point. I did not discover any hidden secrets on the websites I evaluated, however some of them did not have a lot of information about the author, so I did not rate them as high. I think that using a website evaluation is very useful especially for teachers. If we are going to teach our students something from the web, we need to know exactly where it is coming from. Therefore, I will use evaluations frequently when using the web as a resource to teach my students. I have now seen the benefits of using an evaluation, and will no longer be naive about where the information is coming from on a website.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, Kylee! This is Kate from Our Best Bites. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you won the Pillsbury giveaway! :) If you could email us your address at general (at) ourbestbites (dot) com, we'd appreciate! Thanks and congrats! :)
Post a Comment